Well, it looks like the weather isn’t going to cooperate. We have a very good chance of rain overnight and tomorrow morning. I went by the fields this morning and they are usable right now but won’t be if we get any more rain. So, we’re going to call it now and move the skills day to the Texas Cages in Alvin from 10 am to noon. See the skills day event page for more information.
Also, the work day will is now rescheduled for next weekend, Saturday, February 3rd at 1 pm. Please see the work day event page for more information.
Sorry for all the redirection!
With rain in the forecast for Saturday, we have made arrangements to have the skills day in an alternate, indoor location, only in case of bad weather. We will send an email and/or text through the SI Play system on Saturday morning so you know where to go.
If the weather is good, we will still have the skills day at Frankie Carter Park, with the work day to follow afterwards.
ONLY if the weather is bad, we are going to have skills day at the location below, and the work day will be rescheduled (again).
4372 Country Road 541
Alvin, TX 77511
We are happy to announce that registration for the 2018 season is now open! Please visit our registration site to sign up. Also, there are a number of changes for this season that we’d like you to know about.
- We now require every family to sign up up for at least one role for the season. Please see our roles and responsibilities page for more information.
- We are going to try to do the picnic in the spring instead of the end of the year. See the events page for more info about the picnic and the other season dates.
- Division changes – see the about page for more details.
- Tee ball is moving to to Saturday mornings.
- We are closing registration earlier than in the past and charging a late fee for late registration.
- We are targeting 3 softball teams this year.
- Don’t forget about our logo design contest!
We are looking forward to another great year out at the ballfield and we hope you can join us!
To my knowledge, FHSB has never had an official logo, so I thought it would be fun to get your help to make one. If you or your children enjoy graphic design, please consider putting a logo design together for us. Please include “FHSB” and/or “Family Homeschool Baseball” in the design, otherwise, the sky is the limit. Send any entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our board will choose a design that will get used on the website, on awards and various other places.
We are making a change to the volunteer policy from previous seasons. Each family will be required to volunteer in some way. Please see our Roles and Responsibilities page for more information.
We’ve been working on a new and improved website – we hope you like it!